Financial Grand Slam
Everything You Need To Know About Money
"Enhancing People's Lives, Through Quality Financial Education."
There are three very important money skills that everyone should possess:
-How to earn money
-How to manage money
-How to invest money
- 43 percent of American households spend more than they earn annually
- $8,000 is the average amount of household credit card debt
- Bankruptcies doubled between 1998-2008
- Between 2008 and 2017 an additional 9,910,854 people filed for bankruptcy
If you are in debt take a look at my book Turning Your Debt Into Wealth for practical advise and recommendations you can use to resurrect your finances.
These are the top 3 books you need to read to get on the road to financial freedom
These links will take you to Amazon and if you purchase the book I will get a small commission that will not affect the price you pay. I recommend you also check your local library for these books.
1) I will Teach You To Be Rich this book by Ramit Sethi. Ramit hits is a great place to start. If you like no BS straight forward books without big fancy terms, crazy plans or unrealistic budgeting concepts, this is for you. It is full of finance strategies and action steps that will put your financial life on autopilot quickly.
2) The Psychology of Money by Morgan Housel digs is an important work that continues building on the foundation you will construct with Ramit Sethi's book. Each chapter is filled with stories about why we do silly things with money. They're funny, thought provoking, and told in the pure, minimalist style that Housel has helped to pioneer in financial literature. You learn a lot from this book AND enjoy reading it. On top of it all, it's a quick read with a big payoff.
3) Everything You Need To Know About Credit by Ron DuBois. This book will give you everything you need to know to establish great credit from the start, maintain that credit once you've earned it, and repair it if you mess it up.